ACXplus Black 500µm Foamed LSE Performer Acrylic Tape
Part number: PS311
Black 500µm acrylic core tape. It consists of a high performance acrylic system and is identified by its stress dissipation, bonding power and temperature and weather resistance.
PS311 is a double-sided acrylic foam tape, available in deep black. It consists of a high performance acrylic system and is identified by its stress dissipation, bonding power and temperature and weather resistance. Due to the product’s unique formulation, this double-sided acrylic foam tape combines very high adhesion levels with the ability to absorb and dissipate high dynamic loads. The viscoelastic core of this product is able to compensate for thermal elongations of bonded parts.
The new PS311 series features an innovative functional adhesive layer that makes strong bonds to low surface energy substrates (such as critical plastics and powder coatings) possible without the requirement of a surface pre-treatment for instance with our Adhesion Promoter. Furthermore, this series enables the ability to process tape in unheated production environments with temperatures down to 0°C.
PS311 performs well on a broad variety of substrates including powder-coated surfaces and critical plastics. Even in combinations of such materials, this product provides advanced safety due to its innovative product design.
Its main applications include:
- Reinforcement bars (e.g. in elevators)
- Mounting applications in unheated/cold production facilities
- Bumper rails
- Signage/POS applications
Features and Benefits
- Backing material: Foamed acrylic
- Colour: Deep black
- Total thickness: 500 µm
- Type of adhesive: Specialty
- Elongation at break: 1500 %
- Adhesion to Steel (after 3 days): 40.0 N/cm
- Adhesion to ABS (after 3 days): 40.0 N/cm
- Adhesion to Aluminium (after 3 days): 40.0 N/cm
- Adhesion to PP (after 3 days): 40.0 N/cm
- Temperature resistance short term: 100 °C
- Temperature resistance long term: 80 °C
- Tack: Very Good
- Ageing resistance (UV): Very Good
- Humidity resistance: Very Good
- Resistance to chemicals: Very Good
- Softener resistance: Very Good
- Static shear resistance at 23°C: Very Good
- Static shear resistance at 70°C: Good
- T-block: Good