Self-amalgamating PIB (Polyisobutylene) Rubber Tape, 0.5mm Thick
Part number: PS197
General-purpose, highly conformable self-amalgamating tape based on PIB (Polyisobutylene) rubber. It is a non-vulcanising tape with excellent electrical properties.
PS197 is a general-purpose, highly conformable self-amalgamating tape based on PIB (Polyisobutylene) rubber. It is a non-vulcanising tape with excellent electrical properties and can be used for a multitude of applications including low voltage insulation as well as splicing and repair of cables up to 46,000 volts.
Its applications include:-
- Waterproofing and protecting cables and components on satellite dishes.
- General-purpose DIY temporary repairs.
- Protection of joints against seawater in marine environments.
- Corrosion protection of metal pipework.
- Insulation, waterproofing and protection of electrical components.
- General-purpose protection and waterproofing.
- Making watertight seals at polyethylene sleeve joints on polyethylene-sleeved telephone cables both above and below ground.
- Jointing and repairing a wide range of power and distribution cables up to 46 kV.
Features and Benefits
- Supplied in an easy to handle and apply tape form.
- The product is interleaved with a disposable plastic liner.
- Service temperature: -40°C to +90°C.
- The product can be removed cleanly from most substrates, making it suitable for temporary repairs.
- Highly resistant to prolonged immersion in water and has excellent resistance to ozone.
- Compatible with other Scapa electrical tapes, including PVC tapes.
- Compatible with a wide range of rubber and plastic dielectric cable insulation. These include polyethylene, cross-linked polyethylene, ethylene propylene rubber, PVC, butyl and neoprene.
- The tape amalgamates rapidly when applied under tension to provide a void-free homogeneous wrapping, without the need for external heat or pressure.
- Good physical and electrical properties with a high degree of stability under conditions of use.
- Roll Length: 3m, 5m, 10m
- Roll Width: 19mm, 25mm, 38mm, 50mm,100mm
- Thickness: 0.5 mm
- Dielectric Strength: 42 KV/mm
- Elongation at Break: 900 %
- Tensile Strength: 2 MPa
- Volume Resistivity: 1.5 x 10¹³ Ohm.m