Self-Extinguishing Double Sided Polyester Tape with Acrylic Adhesive
Part number: PS248
High performance double-sided tape based on a transparent polyester film carrier coated on both sides with flame retardant acrylic adhesives
PS248 is a high performance double-sided tape based on a transparent polyester film carrier coated on both sides with flame retardant acrylic adhesives protected with a 80g/m² amber siliconised paper release liner. PS248’s adhesive is dark grey on the open side and black on the liner (closed) side.
Its applications include:-
- Carpet and galley mats fixing in the transport industry, when fire retardant properties are needed.
- Pass flammability requirements of FAR/JAR/CS 25.853 (a) APP. F Pt I(a)(1)(ii)
Features and Benefits
- Light weight and thin bonding solution.
- Remains flexible and allows the application on rough surfaces.
- Tape leaves no residues on the floor upon removal.Very high adhesion (closed side).
- Differential colours between both sides, with grey side to stick on the floor and black side to stick onto carpet, helps to avoid confusion.
- Differential coat weight and adhesion of both sides: open side (dark grey) has lower coat weight and adhesion than the liner side (black), which helps in positioning and removing of the carpet and the tape.
- Thin film carrier for a lower total weight.
- Flame Resistance after flame: 0 Seconds
- Flame Resistance Burn length: 83.8 mm
- Flame Resistance Drip extinguishing time: 0 Seconds
- Peel Adhesion on Steel grey ‐ Open Side: 4.4 N/cm
- Adhesion on Steel black ‐ Liner Side: 16.0 N/cm
- Thickness: 130 Microns
- Total Weight: 162 g/m²
- Colour: Black, Dark grey