Self-Amalgamating Silicon Tape
Part number: PS252
Self-welding Silicon Tape for Instant Hermetic Seal
PS252 is a strong self-amalgamating tape made from silicone which bonds without adhesive. It is applied with tension by wrapping the tape around itself.
The bondage of PS252 on its own backing creates a water tight, permanent sealing. No drying time is required. Its flexible material can be applied smoothly on any kind of surface, including wet or warm, dirty or oily.
PS252 can also be used for temporary applications leaving no residues after removal. The tape can even be applied under water.
Due to its silicone backing the tape has an excellent resistance to various chemical substances, oils, acids, solvents, salt water, UV radiation and extreme temperatures.
PS252 is for professionals and comes as standard with a thickness of 500µm and a roll length of 3m. It is available in transparent and black and always comes with a liner.
Its applications include:-
- Insulating and protecting wiring and connections
- Sealing applications in engine compartment
- us bundling, securing, wrapping applications in the marine industry
- Wrap hydraulic fittings and other exposed metal connections to help prevent corrosion
- Masking applications in powder coating, liquid coating, e-coating, anodizing and plating
- Automotive applications for wire harness, general repairs
- Marine applications for boat rigging or securing ends of rope
Features and Benefits
- Total thickness: 500 µm
- Elongation at break: 750 %
- Tensile strength: 33 N/cm
- Temperature resistance min.: -60 °C
- Temperature resistance max.: 260 °C
- Dielectric breakdown voltage: 8000 volt
- Hand tearability: Low
- Easy to remove: Yes
- Certified according to: UL 510
- Abrasion resistance: Very Good
- Water resistance: Very Good